Search This Blog

Friday, October 1, 2010

Haven't written in a few

I haven't really had a good thought to write on- I've thought about little things off and on, but nothing of substance. Nothing that people would care to know :)

I've been trying to ID where a smell is coming from in my house. It's in the kitchen. I completely cleaned my fridge and freezer- where I thought it could be from. Still there. I'm thinking I need to bleach the two drawers and my trash can- I can't think of anywhere else it could be! I had my husband check the fridge pan, under the fridge, under the oven.... nothing! It's really frustrating and makes me not want to get laundry and cooking done!

My husband keeps all his mail/papers he gets. In case they are important. It drives me mad!! We don't need all these piles of seemingly-trash sitting around! I got us a file cabinet (thank you craigslist) and Saturday we have decided to devote to filing all the papers. That means he has to go through them!! We can file bills, pay stubs, important papers. We can throw out the old stuff.

Question: How long should you keep bills and pay stubs? One year? 3 years?



I'm also feeling  better about money- for the first time... ever. We are still in a good bit of debt, but now at least we see positive numbers to start paying debt off! I'm excited about this and about to work on an excel chart to give us goals. I'm also planning on using Quicken to help us figure out where we are spending our money (and how much!) in order to budget more accurately. I'm also hoping doing couponing will help us with cutting some of our food budget!

I should be working harder on getting a job, but there isn't much here. I really enjoy substituting, teaching flute lessons, and staying home- to make a nice home for my husband and I. I know this is keeping us in debt longer. I feel kind of bad.... I don't know what I should do!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Lori! Thank you for stopping by my blog. I'm following you now, but I don't what happened to my picture! lol! I'll work on it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see your pic! Let me know if you ever have advice for me!

    ReplyDelete