Search This Blog

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Sewing

For my halloween costume, I didn't want to feel pressured to look skanky, so I decided to do a frontier woman type outfit. Actually, I just wanted an excuse to make a bonnet :P

Anyways, I don't know how to sew, so I went to my friend Angela's house. She's really good a sewing. She is working on a Little Bo Peep costume and was making a bonnet also! The pattern was easy- just a big circle with elastic in it! I wanted an apron also so I made up my own pattern and went for it. Here is the final product.


It's kinda hard to see. Anyways, I'm very proud of my first sewing adventure! I got a sewing machine from another friend, and so I brought it to Angela's. She helped me clean it up and taught me on it. Now I got a nice little sewing corner in my living room! Unfortunately, I don't have any cloth to sew! hehe. But, I have been fixing some of T's clothing- a pair of jeans has a huge hole in the pocket, so I cut the bottom part off and sewed a new bottom! Didn't think to take pictures!

Anyways, that's about it right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment