Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Weight loss and goal setting

I haven't talked about weight loss on here much, but it's something I've been dealing/struggling with for a long time now. I started at 240 (I'm not afraid of talking about numbers... *shrug*) I went wedding dress shopping at around 222. At my wedding I was 208- I actually lost enough where my dress was almost too big! That was a nice surprise.

Anyways, I have a gym membership and I meet with a trainer 3X/month. During July and August I quit going- I was out of town, wedding planning, and he was getting married the week after me. So the past couple of weeks we picked up working out again- now he has gotten a "real" job and so I'm switching to a new guy named Michael. I'm a little nervous. I'm up to 214 as of this morning. I'm hoping a little of it is muscle gain, but I know I have been overeating again. I was (when I lost the 222--> 208) taking a pill called Slim Xtreme. I normally do NOT advocate diet pills. This is all natural (no caffeine). It's mostly an appetite suppressant. It is 1 pill/day and it starts working immediately! Taking that plus eating healthy, you can easily lose 10-20 pounds in the first month.

Most of my husband's aunts were on it and having great results, so I tried it out. I just kinda stopped around the wedding. So I'm picking that back up too. I know his aunts are very particular- I think 3 of them took it to their doctors to get it okayed as not going to give problems... once again, all natural. One even looked at it under a microscope. All good there!

Anyways, I trust it pretty well, and it works. I just need to work on the whole eating healthier thing. I need to eat much less in carbs, and eat more fruits and veggies. I don't know why this is so hard for me! It's something I need to work on. I know that if I want children in the near future, I need to be healthy and in healthy eating habits for the baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment