Search This Blog

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Titus 2 women and desire for such

" 3Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. 4Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, 5to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God."  http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Titus+2&version=NIV


I know there are movements for Titus 2 women organization. Where older women serve as guides to younger women- on how to be a Godly wife, how to take care of the home, how to.... live. Women often don't teach the younger generation these skills- we are a rushed society. We are a feminist society. (I do want to insert, for anyone who does know me, my family was there, and my home I grew up in was taken care of. I didn't learn- didn't want to, didn't have time.... It wasn't an issue to be passed down, for me.) I need to learn these skills- want support and help on how to do this.

How does one find a group? I googled seeing if there was a group called "Titus 2 women" in my area, and I didn't come up with anything. I know women that I can ask questions to (one is a friend's mom who is also a friend of mine.) I'm afraid of being a burden though.

Thanks for any thoughts!

5 comments:

  1. "Sounds amazing!! I hope you are enjoying every moment of it!"

    Thank you, I really am! :)

    If you have questions feel free to ask me! I would love to help, and it would not be a burden at all! :) Also, there are a few Christian books I could recommend as well, if you would like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, this site may help:
    http://raisinghomemakers.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kathryn. I follow that page! I guess I just love the interactions of having a mentor- which is what I'm yearning for. Until then, blogs and books! Can you please recommend books? You can FB them to be or list here. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I will send them to you on facebook! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I'm glad you got answers! I hope this solves it once and for all!"
    Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete