Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Coupon-ing

I went to CCW (Council of Catholic Women) this week for the first meeting of the "year"(it runs August-July). I am by far the youngest woman there- it's weird. They do a lot of service projects, and I'm excited about stuff that's coming up. They have different speakers each month, and this month a lady from the church talked about coupon-ing. I was unsure about it at first but now I am really excited about it!

http://www.time2saveworkshops.com/ is the main webpage I'm looking at using. For example, If I shop at Publix, I can look at the Publix list. I can see what sales are going on- and what coupons you can use. For example, Publix lets you use 1 manufacturer coupon, 1 store coupon (or competitor coupon, and they double coupons worth up to 50 cents.)
So...
"Krusteaz Pancake/Waffle Mix $2.27 ($1.14)
Use $.50/1 from 8/22 SS
Get $.50/1 in Upromise Savings
(makes it $.14 plus Upromise savings!)"
So... the mix is usually 2.27, on sale for 1.14. I can use the 8/22 coupon from SS (southern saver I think) for 50 cents off of one. Publix will double it so it's a dollar off. So I would pay 14 cents for this mix!

I'm excited about using this to shop for us. I think about the Proverbs 31 wife. 
"13 She seeks wool and flax,
and works with willing hands.
14 She is like the ships of the merchant;
she brings her food from afar."
"16 She considers a field and buys it;
with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard."
"18 She perceives that her merchandise is profitable.
Her lamp does not go out at night."
 
I think part of it- she goes out- she finds good deals, she shops. She earns money for her family- and/or saves her family money in her work (coupon-ing can take 2-4 hours a week, but well earned!) 

I want to study more about how to be more like the P31 wife... and to apply it now, before having children. Then, when we have children, hopefully I will be disciplined and more Godly- and be able to pass on my knowledge to my children.

More on P31 I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment