Search This Blog

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Sept 15, a clean home makes me happy!

My kitchen/dining room area is coming together beautifully. We decorated in red/black with silver and white accessories. It's a mix of cafe/coffee house and Italian. The dining room table sometimes almost has a Japanese look sometimes but it still looks nice. T's sister gave us a silver wall-hanging wine rack. It hangs over our dinner table b/w two coffee pictures- 1and 2Kitchen pic. I made my first homemade bread in my bread maker. Homemade bread pic. I'm very proud of it :P

My living room, I'm working on. It's difficult b/c we have horrible ugly couch/ottoman/ chair  (like tan, browns, off-white stripes with wood on the sides.) I just can't get a "feel" for what our living room should be aiming towards. The ugly couch/ottoman/ chair and one lamp are all browns. The dog cage, another table-lamp, and entertainment center are all black. We have a random mixture of different types of instruments (both musicians, so people tend to get us unique instruments) and some wedding memorabilia. Then DVDs. It's cluttered and no "theme." And dusty! We got a few pictures in the living room (Midsummer eve by Edward Hughs) and (Spirit of the Night by Grimshaw)

Our bedroom is greens and browns. I eventually want to go for a forest- almost enchanted- feel. I registered for mostly sage and chocolate brown items. However, the bed frame and end table are black steel. There isn't much wall decor- just an necklace holder I made. I used an old pillowcase -care bears- and put it on a bulletin board. I'll get something more adult one day- but it was cute. :-) I'm turning one corner into mine- a necklace holder, dresser, mirror- area to do my hair, perfume, and just mine. I hope this isn't selfish! I've been cleaning out my closet and having T clean out his too- clothes that don't fit and whatnot. I'm happy so far with it.

The office- I haven't done anything. We are getting a futon frame today so I suppose I should go pick up there enough to put it in there!

So I hope these links work! It's the first time I've done them, but I wanted to show it all!

Let me know if you have any thoughts or ideas!

Oh, and I'm learning how to iron... I never learned. My stepmom always did it. T knows how. Now I'm learning, since I have more free time. It's weird it makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment