Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Thank you notes

Traditionally one sends thank you notes for gifts received. As a child a never did. As an adult, I realized it importance. I did all my shower gifts. Then the wedding...... oops.
Halfway through opening presents we realized we weren't keeping a list. We went back ,wrote everything. *whew*

I wrote lots of letters. There was a handful I handed to T to write- ones he wanted to do and whatnot. He's very good at writing and expressing thanks.
He put it off. and off. And wrote a couple. And put it off.

I wasn't keeping track- his responsibility now, right? They were all in a bag for him. Well, now there is a stack of 4 written letters, a bunch of thank you cards and envelopes sitting in the bedroom. There is the stamps in the office....
And no list. Anywhere.

So now there are about 8 or so letters than need to be written- if even that many. No idea who- the list is gone. And they are way late to be sent.

 Obviously I'm a bit peeved. I don't know what to do in this situation. Some of them were gifts of money and the like. I can't look through the gifts and just see!


I wish I was brought up writing letters of thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment