Search This Blog

Friday, November 12, 2010

Bible study challenge

One of my friends on facebook is doing a bible study challenge. Here is mine for today

Hebrews 10:24-25 (New International Version)

24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25 not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

As a Catholic, I'm not supposed to miss church- but I never understood why. Sure, keep the Sabbath holy- I can pray at home. So what? I don't feel like getting dressed, going out, being an example to the children today. (I sub at the Catholic school so I see many of my kids there, plus I work with the youth group.) I don't want to sing in the choir today- I just wanna relax!
This, old testament mind you, verse, reminds me of why we go to church. Why we worship together. For many many reasons, but to encourage each other. This is why all the church "extra-curriculars" are so important. Sure, one girl- new, in the choir, in a weird age right now (newly married, no kids-- I find it hard to make a lot of friends!) 1 hour of church a week- no one will get to know me. As I get involved -the choir, volunteering, going to dinners at the church and talks, I will get to know others. I will be encouraged and be able to offer encouragement to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment